Re: hp-wmi: SMBus hotkeys

On 05/08/2013 05:02 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 12:57 -0400, Kyle Evans wrote:

So, what is the plan for this? We have the WMI method so that ec_write
is not needed, but how are you thinking it should be triggered? I've got
some free time coming up and would like to get this banged out during
that time if it is something I can do.
Well, with luck this patch would be safe on its own. How did you figure
out that you needed to set this register to this value?

Well, in the end I dumped the EC contents from windows several times and compared the static values with those in the dump from linux. From your reply I understand that you are thinking that register 0xe6 is not SFHK on machines that the previous patch broke.... That sounds reasonable.

My concern was that SFHK required a different value on those machines, but I am not at all familiar with common practice.

Just a note, I found several other registers with static, non-zero values, which are zero in linux.