Re: Fwd: Acer Aspire 5733 - acer_wmi problems

Hi Justin,

OK, looks not just one problem on you machine. Let's clarify one by one:

+ For the Fn key you said:
   <fn>+<brightness/volume/suspend/etc.> key combos not working

   That a bit strange for at least the volume control (normally on Acer
machine are Fn+up/down) should work because it direct send out useful
scan code.

   Please help to capture the scan code by showkey:
	- Add atkbd.softraw=0 kernel parameter and reboot system.
	- Switch to console and login with root account, then run:
		# showkey -s
   	 press Fn key and monitor the showkey output.

+ For we want to make sure acer-wmi causes any problem:
   Please add acer-wmi to the blacklist of modprobe
(e.g. /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist), then try to reproduce all issues on
your machine. (Fn key, AC power...)

+ For brightness control:
  Please check does there have /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0 folder
on your machine. If you found it, please try to change the backlight by:
	# echo 3 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness

  If you didn't see acpi_video0, please try 'acpi_backlight=vendor'
kernel parameter. Then /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight should show
up on your machine if it used Intel graphics Adapter.

+ For the AC power problem:
	Per your DSDT, the EC _Q37 is mapping to AC unplug and _Q38 is AC plug.
In _Q37 and _Q38, they notify AC, Battery and Processor acpi devices,
but I didn't see it changed backlight. Did you set S3 suspend when lid
close?

Thanks a lot!
Joey Lee

於 日,2012-11-25 於 17:05 -0800,Justin Chudgar 提到: