Acer Aspire 5733 - acer_wmi problems

I have an Acer Aspire 5733 that is having issues with:
- <fn>+<brightness/volume/suspend/etc.> key combos not working
- screen not resuming when unplugging/replugging a system while system
continues operating

Could someone please help me determine how to triage these and direct me
on what info the maintainer needs from me.

Thank you.

##### Excerpt from lshw #####
    product: Aspire 5733 (Calpella_CRB)
    vendor: Acer
    version: V1.07
    serial:
NXRN5AA00221703D023400

    width: 64
bits

    capabilities: smbios-2.6 dmi-2.6
vsyscall32
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=notebook family=Intel_Mobile
sku=Calpella_CRB
uuid=F5E6A1B5-81FF-11E1-A5D0-DC0EA1AC38D5

*-core

       product: Aspire 5733
       vendor: Acer
       physical id: 0
       version: V1.07
       serial: Base Board Serial Number
       slot: Base Board Chassis Location
     *-firmware
          vendor: Acer
          physical id: 0
          version: V1.07
          date: 11/07/2011
          size: 1MiB
          capacity: 1472KiB
          capabilities: pci upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect edd
int13floppynec int13floppytoshiba int13floppy360 int13floppy1200
int13floppy720 int13floppy2880 int9keyboard int10video acpi usb
biosbootspecification

--
Justin Chudgar  |  Weed, CA 96094  |  530 921 0738 | http://www.justinzane.com/

begin:vcard