Re: acer-wmi is unnecessarily loaded on a Lenovo Ideapad S12

æ äï2011-03-04 æ 23:59 +0000ïMatthew Garrett æåï
> Looking at this, it seems that the affected machines have AMW0_GUID1 but
> none of the WMID GUIDs. By the looks of things this is just a
> semi-standardised way to trigger an SMM trap and communicate with the
> firmware. This makes things tricker to track down (because once we're in
> SMM we have no way of knowing what the firwmare's doing), but
> potentially there's some method to identify the machine here. Carlos, do
> we have any idea what the inputs and outputs for this method mean other
> than what's in AMW0_set_capabilities()?

Lenovo S12 have AMW0_GUID2 like Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2732, direct
assign wireless capability when detected AMW0_GUID2 in acer-wmi for
Fujitsu Li2732, but the same EC cmmand doesn't work for Lenovo S12.

Thank's
Joey Lee