Re: Dockerized VoIP Stack

On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 9:27 PM jeremy ardley via pjsip <pjsip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 22/12/22 10:17, jeremy ardley via pjsip wrote:
On 22/12/22 09:28, Terrance Devor wrote:

Does anyone have experience in deploying Kamailio, Asterisk and RTPProxy to a dockerized environment with K8s?

The issue is variable latency of RTP streams caused by non-voip processes bursting in CPU and disk I/O at inconvenient moments.

Kamailio on its own would have no issue. RTP proxy might be marginally affected. I would have stong concerns about using Asterisk.

As an addendum, the issue with RTP Proxy will be if you use it voice recording mode. Any competing disk activity that can affect RTP stream forwarding is to be avoided.

--
Jeremy

What amazing input! RTP Proxy will be in a dedicated docker container with its own volume.