Re: Dockerized VoIP Stack

On 22/12/22 09:28, Terrance Devor wrote:

Does anyone have experience in deploying Kamailio, Asterisk and RTPProxy to a dockerized environment with K8s?

In short, we are looking to deploy the following applications to our Kubernetes environment to support a SIP based PBX for our company:
- Kamailio (Sip Proxy with DID  and Outbound SBC Functionality)
- Asterisk Realtime (MariaDB Client, ARI)
- RTPProxy (To-be-Determined)

Has anyone been successful, or failed, in doing this? I would love to hear from you.

Terrance

I have not done this configuration, but from experience using Kamailio and RTP Proxy, and a media server in PBX configuration, it is not recommended to share the host with other non-voip applications.

The issue is variable latency of RTP streams caused by non-voip processes bursting in CPU and disk I/O at inconvenient moments.

Kamailio on its own would have no issue. RTP proxy might be marginally affected. I would have stong concerns about using Asterisk.

--
Jeremy