sound_port.c EC suspended because of inactivity PjSip 2.8 on Android

We are developing a Void-Application for Android using PjSip 2.8 with openssl. On some devices we encounter the following problem: After successfully establishing a sip call the participants can’t hear each other. Whenever this happens the following message appears in the Log:

“sound_port.c EC suspended because of inactivity”

On devices where the participants can hear each other this message is followed by:

"sound_port.c EC activated"

This message does not appear on the affected devices or it appears but with a delay of a minute or even more.

For activating the sound port we use following code, which we took from the Pjsip sample Application:

@Override
public void onCallMediaState(OnCallMediaStateParam prm) {
CallInfo ci;
try {
ci = getInfo();
} catch (Exception e) {
return;
}

CallMediaInfoVector cmiv = ci.getMedia();

for (int i = 0; i < cmiv.size(); i++) {
CallMediaInfo cmi = cmiv.get(i);
if (cmi.getType() == pjmedia_type.PJMEDIA_TYPE_AUDIO &&
(cmi.getStatus() ==
pjsua_call_media_status.PJSUA_CALL_MEDIA_ACTIVE ||
cmi.getStatus() ==
pjsua_call_media_status.PJSUA_CALL_MEDIA_REMOTE_HOLD)) {
// unfortunately, on Java too, the returned Media cannot be
// downcasted to AudioMedia
Media m = getMedia(i);
AudioMedia am = AudioMedia.typecastFromMedia(m);

// connect ports
try {
MyApp.ep.audDevManager().getCaptureDevMedia().
startTransmit(am);
am.startTransmit(MyApp.ep.audDevManager().
getPlaybackDevMedia());
} catch (Exception e) {
continue;
}
} else if (cmi.getType() == pjmedia_type.PJMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO &&
cmi.getStatus() ==
pjsua_call_media_status.PJSUA_CALL_MEDIA_ACTIVE &&
cmi.getVideoIncomingWindowId() != pjsua2.INVALID_ID) {
vidWin = new VideoWindow(cmi.getVideoIncomingWindowId());
vidPrev = new VideoPreview(cmi.getVideoCapDev());
}
}

MyApp.observer.notifyCallMediaState(this);
}

Like i said this code seems to work on some devices, on other devices it sadly doesn’t (reliably). Any help is appreciated!

Greets!