Problems with re-invite

Hello,

We are using pjsip clients with Asterisk, and with our setup the media is initially directed through the server. Then when the call is fully established the server sends a re-invite that directs the media directly between the clients. At that point the client correctly changes the destination IP to the remote peer's address. However after some time it will randomly send a few packets towards the server then switches back. Sometimes it will keep sending via the server. The problem is that this causes mis-ordering on the receiver.
Strangely this happens only when using TCP transport for signalling. With pjsip 2.8 the switch seems to happen right after the client sends an RTCP sender report.

Any idea about how to fix this behaviour (without disabling re-invites in Asterisk) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Norbert Vegh