Re: Segmentation fault when running pjsua demo app on Raspberry Pi

Hello Philipp,

I don't know what caused this particular crash, but I got it to run meanwhile. You can check these things:

  1. You need to disable echo cancellation and set the audio output to stereo (instead of mono) when running the pjsua app. Otherwise PJSIP crashes. I think the bug with echo cancellation is a bug in PJSIP itself, while the mono audio issue is probably a problem with my audio card (Cirrus Logic AUdio Card). It might very well be that mono output works with other sound cards.
    These were also the settings that Adam Rossi was using when he compiled his guide on how to run PJSIP on the Raspberry Pi 3: https://github.com/acrossi/raspberry-pi-stuff/wiki/Compiling-PJSIP-with-Video-and-Audio-on-the-Raspberry-Pi-3---RPI-Camera-Module . You might find his guide useful as a reference in general.
  2. If all this does not help, compile PJSIP with Address Sanitizer (a tool similar to Valgrind), run the PJSUA demo app and analyze/post the output from Address Sanitizer.

Kind regards,

   Christian