pjsua2 - Garbled video from capture device

Hi all,

I'm working on an app with video chat functionality, and I'm encountering strange video capture behavior on a particular android device - it's an ELO android 7.1 tablet (using a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chip, arm64). The video image is all garbled - it's showing tons of green and purple diagonal stripes. This same problem happens with the stock pjsua2 app.

When I wave my hand in front of the camera, the image changes, so I know it's getting at least some data from the camera.

The same issue appears in the preview pane, so I'm pretty sure it's not a transmission issue.

Any suggestions on how to debug this? It kind of looks like an issue with the camera data coming in at the the wrong resolution or frame rate (I used to see similar problems back when we used CRT monitors and set the wrong parameters for refresh rate)

-Caleb

(Here's a link to a screen capture: http://prowlers.com/~cdavis/pjsip_issues/Screenshot_2018-03-01-11-35-57-279.jpeg)

)