Certificate (.crt) location for android app(Android studio) for TLS

Hello,
While working on a demo app that must implement SRTP and TLS I came to a stop when facing a problem. The documentation is well done and helped me easily implement most of the functionalities that I needed, however, when trying to load up certificates, as per the documentation, the syntax should be: "tlsConfig.setCaListFile("ca.crt");".
However I could not locate any other settings regarding this, so I am facing the problem of not knowing where does the library needs to have this certificates.
The registration state when i attempt to load the crt from several locations, is: "PJSIP_SC_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE No such file or directory"

So, in short: Where do I need to place my certificates, or how, in order for PJSIP to be able to load them, when developing in ANDROID STUDIO (3.0.1) with a target and compile sdk version of 26.

Thanks a lot, and any help would be much appreciated,
Mike.

p.s.:the library does include openssl as evidenced by tls working without certificates.