Change video codec params during a video call

Hi there,

I'm trying to solve an issue in a video call on Android platform.

The video codec is set up in Portrait mode as the preferred mode (width < height). So when a video call is established in portrait mode, the preview window shows the video in full, no black stripes on left or right side.
Then when user rotate the phone/camera to landscape mode, the preview window shows the video with black stripes on top and bottom of the window. I want to make the video occupy the whole preview window, no black stripes.

I understand there is a flag MAINTAIN_ASPECT_RATIO is set to TRUE, which cause this. I just wonder how I can solve the issue by changing the video codec params dynamically. So that while in landscape mode, I can set the width > height in codec params.
So far, I haven't been able to find a way to change the codec while in a call. Any one can help on this or is there any other way to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Mark