PJSIP - iOS external sound device

Hello,

I’m using PJSIP in an iOS app. I can successfully use it to make a VoIP call to another device using the built-in microphone/speaker of the iPhone.

I'm integrating an external device to the app that will provide the audio and therefore need to insert the data into the payload of the SIP packets instead of the built-in iPhone microphone. And in the same way, be able to extract the data received on the other side (ie not go to the iPhone speakers).

I’ve spent some time going thru the FAQ’s and I think How can I manipulate audio samples directly? is the route I need to go. But I’m having a hard time getting my head wrapped around how to implement/build/run this in iOS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Owen