Re: tls licence question, possible violation

Through this message I come to kindly ask what is the status of this
issue?

I ask because it seems to be blocking other free/libre system
distributions too who wish to provide pjsip and free/libre software to
the users. And posing a licensing issue too so long as there is no way
to make pjsip choose GnuTLS by default (over OpenSSL).

I came to know this issue by means of a message in a bug report
([[https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=843654#20]]), that
message talks about various patches that are made by GNU Ring to make
pjsip work according to their needs. As the message points out: there is
room for improvement because some things might have better ways to be
dealt with. The patches referenced by that message can be found by:

1. Downloading the latest release of Ring at
[[http://dl.ring.cx/ring-release/tarballs/]].

2. Extracting it.

3. Going to "ring-project/daemon/contrib/src/pjproject".

Last time I checked, the patches apply to pjproject 2.5.5 (to know that,
instead of going to "src", go to "tarballs"). Please
evaluate each patch and make corrections when needed.

The message was referenced in a discussion with GNU Ring
([[https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ring/2017-03/msg00009.html]]), in
which I explain my and Mx. Gradl's work on packaging GNU Ring (and
related dependencies, including pjsip/pjproject) to GNU Guix
([[https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00867.html]]).

Respectfully, Adonay.
--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com