Re: Deadlock between dlg and tsx

On maandag 20 maart 2017 18:44:58 CET Ming wrote:
> As promised, attached is the patch which should fix the issue. Please let
> us know your test result and if you have any feedback. Thanks.

Thanks for looking into this and providing the patch.

All i can say for now is that the patch applies, the code compiles and an
Asterisk server using the freshly compiled lib is handling calls. The deadlock
is very hard to trigger, so I can probably never report if the problem still
exists or is fully resolved.

One question on the patch though:

I'm not very familiar with the pjproject code, but the patch looks suspicious
to me. The tsx group lock is now temporarily released, but wasn't it locked
for a reason?

Can't the tsx object get freed directly after unlocking, possibly resulting in
a segfault when (*tsx->tsx_user->on_tsx_state)(tsx, &e); is called?
--
Alex Hermann