Re: RTP timeout from a transport adapter

Hi Johan,
Thanks for the explanation. My question was also motivated by the implementation in stream.c which also uses polling and not a timer for it's keep-alive implementation (see put_frame_imp()).

Kal

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 3:31 PM, JOHAN LANTZ <johan.lantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, you do the polling using a pj_timer. In your case you might only fire it once so calling it polling is probably not very intuitive. In my case we perform certain calculations every second so that is why I used the word polling. Then if there is no rtp during X timeouts, we manage that scenario.

So I think you are getting blocked with not a technical doubt but a grammatical one.

Johan

From: pjsip on behalf of b17 c0de
Date: Friday 19 August 2016 at 13:44
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: RTP timeout from a transport adapter

Hi Johan,
My transport adapter will also be doing other stuff such as modifying the RTP packets. My question was more aimed at the "you would probably need some polling anyway" comment. Why would polling be necessary? Is there some reason why timers wouldn't be the best option to handle timeout from a transport adapter?

Kal