Green frames in H264 video initialization

When making a call using OpenH264, we get a few seconds of green frames before the first video frames show up successfully.

It seems that this isn’t an OpenH264 (1.0.0 as that is the only version that compiles with PJSIP) issue, but a PJSIP one.

As a side note, it seems that later versions of OpenH264 have switched to gray: https://github.com/cisco/openh264/issues/1163

I have commented out oh264_codec_decode and oh264_got_decoded_frame to just return Pj_SUCCESS and do nothing else, and I still get the green screen and obviously no video.

I have also commented out decode_frame in vid_stream.c

This is on iOS using CAEAGLayer as the renderer.

0 in YUV colorspace turns out to be green. Where exactly should I look to fix this issue so we can get either one of 2 things.

1. The green should become black (0x80 in YUV)
2. A proper notification that we actually have the first decoded frame (or the first key frame) from the RTP H264 stream and we should display the video window.

Thanks