Re: Is this normal? Reconnect every 5 minutes?

Okay, thank you for the information :) And yes, that sounds pretty reasonable. I just wanted to be sure it's not anything else.

Cheers,
Oli

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016 um 07:36 Uhr
Von: "Michael Barthold" <Michael.Barthold@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: "pjsip list" <pjsip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: Is this normal? Reconnect every 5 minutes?

You need this for several reasons. Mobile devices may change their ip quite frequently and this re-register updates your connection to the server.

You control that in the account config structure. AccountConfig.GetRegConfig().set… there you have the flags for registertimeout, and the intervals that control the sip engine.

300 is the default of pjsip.

Our mobile apps run at 90 seconds while active and switch to 900 (15 minutes) when in background/sleep.

mit freundlichen Grüßen | kind regards

Michael Barthold

Senior Software Architect

UNICOPE GmbH | Wien