pjsip parallel build failures

Dear pjsip developers,

I have experienced some failures building pjsip, possibly related tp
parallel builds.

The Buildroot embedded Linux build system [0] includes a recipe for PJ
project [1], currently at version 2.4.5. The build failures I
experienced happened on the Buildroot autobuilder machines [2] [3], that
continuously run Buildroot builds based on random configurations.

Between March 17 and May 12 there have been 13 build failures, most
ending with the error message:

  <...>ld: cannot find -lpjsua

Here are the logs for some of such failures: [4] [5] [6] [7]. Click on
the build-end.log link to view the build log.

This error is happening irregularly. I tried to reproduce several of the
mentioned configurations on my machine but I was never able to
experience the failure.

The error message suspiciously looks like a parallel build issue, i.e.
happening when calling 'make -j<N>' to speed up the build on multicore
machines. So on May 12 I submitted a patch to disable parallel build
[8]. It's about 1 month since the patch was applied and there have been
no more pjsip build failures.

That said, I strongly suspect the pjsip makefiles have some bug that
prevents parallel build from working. Is it possible?

I compared the code of pjsip 2.4.5 with the latest release, 2.5.1, and
it doesn't seem like there is a fix for this issue.

Can this problem be fixed somehow, or can you suggest another solution?

BTW, do you ever use parallel build during development, continuous
integration or anything else?

[0] https://buildroot.org/
[1] https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/package/libpjsip
[2]