Contributor Agreement: how to submit somebody else's patch

Dear PJSIP developers,

I have a question concerning the Contributor Agreement
(http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/ContributionAgreement).

I have a build problem in PJSIP and found a patch to fix it on the
repository of another open source project. The original author does not
seem to be interested in mainlining their fix.

I would like to send myself the patch but I'm not sure I'm allowed to do
it because of the following sentence in the agreement:

> With respect to your contribution, you represent that: [...]
> it is an original work

In this case I cannot state it is an original work. And if my
understanding is correct it would be illegal to apply the fix under the
agreement, unless the original author wants to submit it.

Am I correct?

How can I have the fix in upstream?

Thanks,
--