PJSIP and Android deep sleep mode re-registration and reachability

Hi All,

Just a "simple" question, how do you guys handle re-registration, invites and
keep-alives in android when the phone is in deep sleep mode?

I've tried many techniques but I'm still not getting a reliable way to keep the
phone registered. My current app uses a native library to simplify
the pjsip API access from java and all the pjsip callbacks I need are just
calling back some java methods to get notified the app regarding some events.

Everything works just fine if I keep the phone connected to USB. As soon
as I unconnected it from USB the app keep connected and reachable up to the
next re-registration which doesn't complete because the phone entered in deep
sleep mode.

I've also tried to grab the partial wakeup lock from a JNI callback in order to
wakeup the phone at each invite and re-registration events, but seems not really
working, the phone still enter in deep sleep mode and never re-register.

A semi-reliable way I've found is to set a repetitive timer to wakeup the phone,
just for few seconds, to complete the re-registration process. But this has the
drawback of battery drain problem.

Does anyone has a better approach to get reliable re-registrations and reachability
on android application when the phone is in deep sleep mode? I really like to know
if someone has sorted out this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Roberto Fichera.