Can I turn off the hardware AEC or be informed it's presence?

Hello,

We encounter a problem recently with the AEC abilitiy of  pjmedia_snd_port.

We found that in some low-end Android smartphone or pad, their hardware AEC
ability did not function well. So we have to use  the soft AEC canceler
came with pjmedia to handle them instead. This works, but we soon find that
if the the recorded wav samples had under gone a hardware AEC, the soft AEC
would re-introduce some echo and made the audio quality downgrade.

My question is :
1) If I can turn off the hardware AEC function from pjsip. The strm_set_cap
function of android_jni_dev.c  seems not to provide this function.
2) Or, if I can be informed that if the hardware AEC has been used?