WAV EOF callback in python

Hi,

I'm writing a little python script that makes a call, plays a wav file,
after the called  party answers, and then disconnects the call.

What i'd like to now is if there is a callback for when the wav playback is
finished, so i can use it to disconnect the call and end the script?

I've searched the mailing list and i've found that this question was asked
multiple times, but never had a definitive answer...

Were the patches purposed ever merged to the trunk (i'm using 2.2.1)? If
so, i can i use the callback (i very fresh in the python world  :))?

Thanks

Jos? Rodrigues