TLS Keep Alive failure

We are using TLS to connect to the server, there are Keep Alive requests
(CR-LF) sent to PBX server to keep the connection open when being behind
NAT.
>From our tests it seems that in scenario when Android client is connected
to WiFi which loses Internet connectivity, the TLS Keep Alive request
returns regularly(!), just like nothing happened.
This is very problematic because in this case when the Internet is back for
the WiFi the device is not connected from PBX's point of view and cannot
receive incoming calls.

Is this a bug or I understand something wrongly?

Thanks,
Roman