Error when building PJSIP 2.2.1 under Debian run inside a VM

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Swinney C. <c.swinney at swansea.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I wanted to test out PJSIP and Python away from the machine that I will be
> using and as such I though a VM would work nicely. However PJSIP ?make?
> fails with no PJSUA being created. Here are the last few lines from the
> ?make?:

Which OS is the VM running?

> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/user/pjproject/pjproject-2.2.1/pjsip/build'
>
> .pjsua2-lib-i686-pc-linux-gnu.depend:1: *** missing separator.  Stop.

This sort of error happens when a a previous build was stopped at dep
or something. It is documented in the FAQ
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#missing-sep-err

Usually I do the following when building pjsip:

make distclean
find . -type d -name '.*.depend*'
./configure
make dep
make

> Any ideas? I?m afraid I?m am not that knowledgeable in such areas. Are there
> additional log that could provide additional pointers?

Bulding pjsip gets tricky sometimes, depending on platform, operating
system and configure settings. The best source of info and help (IMHO)
is this list and the wiki http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki

--
Saludos

Ernesto Celis de la Fuente