Can't find audio device on Raspberry Pi

HI,

On Jan 7, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Swinney C. <C.Swinney at swansea.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Saul,
>
> Thanks for this, I was going to ask you if you had set up the 3.5mm analogue output WITHOUT the USB device installed. I think PJSIP still moans about the analogue output and the fact that there is no audio input. I was wondering if there was a way to set up a 'dummy' input device in order to fool PJSIP. As mentioned, for this particular application, we simply don't require 2 way communications.

I see. I used 2 sound cards at the same time, the builtin one just for ringing alerts, and a USB sound card for normal communication. The default sound card has the volume turned all the way down for some reason, so I had to turn it up with alsamixer, FYI.

> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Chaining audio devices", however I do see the options:

Oh, I meant changing.

>  --capture-dev=id    Audio capture device ID (default=-1)
>  --playback-dev=id   Audio playback device ID (default=-1)
>
> Is this what you mean? There is also an option:

Yes, that one.

>  --null-audio
>
> However, I am assuming that this will set BOTH input and output to NULL, rather than just one device.

You guessed right, with the NULL backend you won't get any sound out of PJSIP.

Cheers,

--
Sa?l Ibarra Corretg?
AG Projects