Some info on ZRTP lib for PJSIP and a ZRTP copycat

Last week Mark Dowd found a few vulnerabilities in the libzrtpcpp implementation
and reported it. Based on Mark's report and feedback I fixed these vulnerabilities
and pushed the changes back to the Github repository. The fixes do not affect
external API but I advise any developer/user of the ZRTP4PJ transport to check
and get the latest updates from Github and recompile/rebuild their applications:

https://github.com/wernerd/ZRTPCPP

Thank you.

Some info about a ZRTPCPP/ZRTP4PJ copycat: I got some information about an 'open-zrtp'
implementation that was licensed under LGPL. I checked this implementation and found
that it contains most of the original zrtpcpp and the PJSIP zrtp transport code,
often copied verbatim, including comments (and the typos in the comments :-) ). The
author did not attribute the original zrtpcpp implementation and even copied/used
sources without attribution that I got from others and where I use the correct
attribution. The author of open-zrtp claims copyrights to sources which do not
belong to him.

It seems that the open-zrtp code is not longer maintained and thus does not contain
enhancements and fixes that I did during the last months and of course this code does
not contain the fixes for the vulnerabilities that Mark found. Please check if your
PJSIP application uses this code and maybe change the code base.

Werner

Werner Dittmann    Werner.Dittmann at t-online.de
Tel +49 173 44 37 659
PGP key: 82EF5E8B