Changing codec avg_bps

Hi,

I would like to know the best way to change a codec bitrate once it has
been initialized.

What I would like to accomplish, is change the bitrate of a codec based on
the network where it is running and adjust the value whenever there is a
network change.

At codec.h "pjsua_codec_set_param" there is a comment that states:
    /**
     * The "info" part of codec param describes the capability of the codec,
     * *and the value should NOT be changed by application.*
     */

So based on this, I assume the avg_bps value cannot be changed simply by
using: "pjsua_codec_set_param"

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,
--