How to create Push to talk ?

On 06/05/2013 01:32 PM, Khoa Pham wrote:
> How can we leverage pjsip to enable Push to talk function ?
>
> In a Push to talk, only one can talk at a time

I've implemented PTT in two different ways:

PTT request via DTMF:
User sends a certain DTMF tone which the remote interprets as "I want to
talk".
Any other DTMF tone releases PTT.
If PTT is granted, the user hears a short beeptone (generated using the
tonegen facility in PJ)
so they know that they can talk.
This solution is good if you have to support third party SIP clients.

SIP MESSAGE:
If you're connecting two SIP peers (both of which are under your control
(meaning you wrote them))
you can implement your own protocol for signalling things like PTT, SQU
and so on
using SIP MESSAGE as a transport.

Regards,
Andy