iOS video attempt

I have managed to get the rendering OK now. The only problem I have now (I'm assuming this is an issue with the ios_dev.mm file posted by siphon) is that for some reason the person who originates the call transmits video but the person who answers the call on the other end does not. Everything looks ok, there are no errors, and the SDP offers contain video from both sides which is stated as active.  The only thing that I see in my console that is different for the person who answers is the following:

01:50:16.969     vid_port.c  .......Device Back Camera [iOS] opened: format=I420, size=480x640 @30:1 fps
01:50:16.969    pjsua_vid.c  .......Preview window id 1 created for cap_dev 1, using built-in preview!
01:50:16.969    pjsua_vid.c  .......Window 1 created
01:50:16.969      ios_dev.m  ......Starting ios video stream
01:50:17.533 vstenc0x1ea086  .....Encoder stream paused

Note the "Encoder stream paused" line.

What are the possible triggers that could cause the encoder stream to pause itself right when the call gets answered? The capture is working fine because I can see the preview on both the caller and callee after the encoder stream paused line gets printed. You wind up with Preview / Incoming stream for the callee but only preview for the caller.

Both the apps have all the same settings and have video enabled, autorx and autotx on. All of this is being done with PJSUA