Deadlock when opening preview window on OSX

Hum, looks like I missed something, the job queue seems to be processed by a single thread, so I wonder why the same model is not used on OSX, that is, letting *that* thread block while waiting for the main thread to complete the operation instead of having the calling thread block.

Cheers,