Negotiation not done with 200 OK when Early Media has been negociated

Hi all,

My PJSIP client tries to use a service of voicemail listening that allows call back to the depositor by sending the appropriate DTMF.
Voicemail listening is played in early media (183 SESSION IN PROGRESS with SDP and P-Early-Media header)

When the depositor accepts the call, I receive the 200 OK with a new SDP.
The point is that SDP renegotiation is done only the tag parameter is different in the 183 and the 200 OK.
In my case, the tag is the same. So no forking is detected, and the SDP is not re-negotiated.

Why is there such a limitation? Is there any reason / RFC describing this behaviour I could have missed?

I made the test with the attached patch with success in the use case described above (it only removes tags comparison)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards.

Romain