Orderly shutdown of ICE transport

I have two user agents negotiating an ICE connection, using pjnath.h. Each
gets a valid ICE transport, and they successfully communicate.

When one UA ends the session (or the process dies), how does the other UA
find out? is there something similar to socket communication, where a
packet size of zero bytes indicates that the peer has performed an orderly
shutdown? I tried that in on_rx_data() but it doesn't seem to be called
like that.

In other words, if the answerer UA calls
  pj_ice_strans_destroy (my_ice_st);

is there some way for the other UA to find out that the ICE session is over?

thanks,
Magnus