2 questions about background mode (IOS)

Hello all,

i am working on an iPhone/iPad client and it is about to be finalized soon.
however i am having issues with the background mode. i would be glad if you
can clarify these issues:

a- When the mobile device switches transport medium (3G / WiFi / Edge) i
believe a re-registration needs to be sent to the sip server with the new
info. But how do i know if transport medium is changed programatically? is
there a pjsip callback for this or an IOS callback and what is it?

b- in the sample ipjsua code there is a function
- (void)keepAlive {
    if (!pj_thread_is_registered())
    {
    pj_thread_register("ipjsua", a_thread_desc, &a_thread);
    }
    keepAliveFunction(KEEP_ALIVE_INTERVAL);
}

as i understand, this function fires every 600 seconds (the least amount of
time allowed by IOS). what should we put in this keepAliveFunction?? my
guess is we need to 1) re-subscribe for buddy presence 2) re-register to
server and 3) re-publish for our presence. IS there a sample
keepAliveFunction that i can look at?

Thank you,

Aytunc Isseven