RTP PT change and custom RTP PT rx/tx

Good day everyone!

I have a few questions regarding the use of pjproject.
I'm currently undecided about which version to use (1.14 or 2.0-rc)
but am tending towards the stable release branch (1.x).

These are my questions:

1. Can I switch from audio to comfort noise (change RTP payload type)?

Say I have an outgoing RTP stream and don't want to send silence but
change the RTP payload type to CN if I don't have useful audio to send,
how would I do it?

I did notice that there seems to be a "comfort noise generation"
feature, but I didn't find anything on how to use it.

2. Can I send RTP packets with my own (dynamic) payload type
"on demand" using an existing stream?

Imagine I have an outgoing RTP stream on which I send real audio or
silence (CN).
I'd like to be able to send requests (payload of the RTP packet would be
the naked request) to the remote peer at any time using a payload type
from the dynamic payload type range.

My expectation is that this request will be send immediately in between
the regular RTP audio packets.

Is it possible to do this without any changes to pjproject?
If so, examples and/or pointers to the documentation would be greatly
appreciated.

3. Can I receive RTP packets with my own payload type?

Question 2. leads to the question of how I could receive
my "RTP request packets".
The reception of such a packet should result in a function being called
to deliver the payload and stream or call ID (to identify from which
stream/call the packet came) to the application.

I did find the codec manager API and figured that it might to the job if
I'd just registered my "codec" to pjsua that way. Would it work?

Regards,

Andreas

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Andreas Wehrmann