Ptime attribute explicit declaration

Hallo All ,

WRT the Pjsip archives and with all respect to the fact that ptime attribute
is not designed to be a codec specific attribute and shall be deemed a
global one characterizing the entire m-line Offer plus the commercial
implementations conflict ( Guidance.att VS Obligatory.att   )  I have an
urgent call for this attribute to be explicitly declared because our
switches preserve it in 183 & 200 OK responses as well as fully respect it
when packetizing the downstream frames and in this way the explicit
declaration will be very helpful when using satellite links . Over satellite
links I have no way but to deliver multiple audio frames in a single RTP
packet to save BW .

My Configuration :

1.      Only GSM and HW G729 ( VAS Direct ) are enabled ( Still G729 not
appearing in my SDP offer and trying to solve it in separate Thread  ) .

2.      Frames per packet parameter has been doubled .

3.      The following code has been added in pjmedia/src/pjmedia/endpoint.c
.

/* Add sendrecv attribute. */

    attr = PJ_POOL_ZALLOC_T(pool, pjmedia_sdp_attr);

    attr->name = STR_SENDRECV;

    m->attr[m->attr_count++] = attr;

+++++++++++++Begin Code+++++++++++

    /* Add Ptime attribute. */

    attr = PJ_POOL_ZALLOC_T(pool, pjmedia_sdp_attr);

    attr->name = pj_str("ptime");

    pj_ansi_sprintf(tmp_param,"%d",(int)codec_param.info.frm_ptime*

(int)codec_param.info.frm_per_pkt);

    attr->value = pj_strdup3(pool, tmp_param);

    m->attr[m->attr_count++] = attr;

Unfortunately nothing changed in the SDP offer after clean and rebuild .

I'm just C++  beginner  and really your help is highly appreciated .

BR

JK