Compiling PJSIP in Windows - Documentation outright is not very good and not very helpful

On Fri, 2012-07-20 at 11:40 -0500, Trent Creekmore wrote:
> I have been tinkering with this thing for nearly three months now and
> I still nowhere any closer to get this to compile under Visual Studio
> 2008.
>

> It seems the documentation is silent on how to setup the various
> directories, various includes, and various libraries needed to
> compile. This is not very productive nor helpful where the only thing
> it basically says about this is to ?don?t forget to include the needed
> includes and libraries.?
>

> Can anyone help me on this, or can we work on the documentation on how
> to precisely set this up so others with the same issue will not have
> problems either?
>

> Thank you.

It will be more easy to help you if you provide exactly where you got
stuck."Can't build on windows" does no say anything about your problem.

Please provide information about "what have you tried". May be the error
msgs will lead you to the solution. So you should post it too.

A common problem is trying to build pjsip without required
libraries(like directx sdk and stuffs, sdl for video etc).

blaming documentation is not the way to go with open source software.
Many open source software has no documentation whatsoever. You have to
dig through Makefiles or sources to get your job done for those
software. Pjsip has a very comprehensive documentation. Its among the
best you can get in a open source software.

Commercial software vendors have separate department for writing
documentation. But FOSS softwares mainly has devs. We all know writing
documentation is less fun then writing code. But still pjsip has plenty
informative documentation.

cheers