Unexpected behaviour with AMR, (Arjun Kamath)

I investigated a little further and found an unexpected behaviour with
respect to the default payload format of AMR using Intel IPP. The problem
as explained in the message below, is that while using AMR, the IMS server
sends an immediate BYE.

As per the documentation in <
http://www.pjsip.org/pjmedia/docs/html/group__PJMED__IPP__CODEC.htm> the
default payload type is octet-align. However in my scenario the pjsip
client responds to the INVITE message with a 200 OK containing Media
attribute as the following, even though the INVITE message had attribute as
octet-align=1:

a: rtpmap:96 AMR/8000
a: fmtp:96 mode-set=0,1,2;octet-align=0

Another observation is that, my client manages to send a few AMR packets to
the MGW(kindly read the below message) which I expand on wireshark as:

Adaptive Multi-Rate
Payload decoded as RFC 3267
1111 .... = CMR: No mode request (15)
Reserved != 0, wrongly encoded or not octet aligned. Decoding as
bandwidth-efficient mode

A side question here is about encoding and decoding. I believe encoding
happens when the client sends packets and decoding when it receives.
Correct me if I am wrong, but if I am correct why is a packet that the
client is sending being 'decoded as bandwidth-efficient'

Regards,
Arjun