How to use GPU for accelerate video encoding.

Trent, Fedot-

> I do believe this is the article I was reading.
>
> http://www.extremetech.com/computing/128681-the-wretched-state-of-gpu-transcoding
>
> Here is another:
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/video-transcoding-amd-app-nvidia-cuda-intel-quicksync,2839.html
>
> They both seem to agree encoding/decoding video is not very good with GPUs.

GPU is not a CPU, so the basic chip architecture doesn't support OS, drivers, etc.  This is partly why you don't see
GbE or Infiniband on GPU boards.  If they had high-speed, low-latency I/O, then handling something like video
transcoding over network packets would be much higher performance.  As it stands, every network packet has to transit
the motherboard, Linux, possible VM layer, PCIe bus... then back again.  Obviously not high performance.

-Jeff