New OO API (was Re: Gossip library.)

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Miljenko Cvjetko
<mcvjetko at holisticware.net>wrote:

>  Hi Benny
>

> On 2012.08.03 05:07, Benny Prijono wrote:
>
> That's nice. By the way, we're also starting the development of a new OO
> API on top of PJSUA-API. It's C++, but it's going to be available to Java,
> Python, and maybe C# and the likes via SWIG.
>
> I'm wrapping pjsip for c# with swig and am willing to help.
> Do You need some help?

Maybe you can research SWIG C# specific issues? STL (I use string and
vector) is the potential problem.

But I think the situation should be better than Java. I've been driven
crazy by this problem:
https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/pjsua2/SWIG_Quirks#jvec. I've spent some
time researching the problem online (see the references), but got no
solution so far. My conclusion is we probably need to tweak the SWIG
typemap somehow, but I'm not prepared to do this just yet. If anyone could
do something here that would be great.

> It's still pretty early now, nothing gets committed yet, but I try to
> document the process here https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/pjsua2_API(there's not much here yet either).
>
> I'm not far either, more investigating integration with MonoDevelop after
> I have done building in VS2010.
> So I'm progressing on two paths
>
>    - swig (lower priority - thought this would not impose a problem)
>     - integration in MonoDevelop to automate whole process
>

> I will check your API , and maybe in the future you can review our API
> draft as well.
>
> May I?

Sure, I'll make it available for review once it's showing something.

 Benny