PJSIP does not use TLS if Record-Route in 200 OK contains "sips:" scheme

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:28 PM, I?aki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:
>> I'm not convinced about setting the Contact to SIPS (have we discussed
>> this before?).
>
> Yes, but honestly, given the comments I've received in this thread in
> IETF SIP maillist:
> ?http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg27887.html
>
> I strongly prefer to use the non-standard-but-working ;transport=tls
> and use SIP schema rather than SIPS.

That's basically everybody's conclusion. :)

By the way, when you use TLS to send request to next hop peer and you
want inbound request to be sent with TLS too, the only solution seems
to be SIP outbound (RFC 5626), which we support.

> So, I don't ask for PJSIP to use SIPS in Contact header. I just ask
> that, in case PJSIP attempts to send a request with top Route (or RURI
> if not) having "sips" schema (and optional ;transport=tcp param) it
> must use TLS over TCP.

Its already done like that.

> Also I suggest updating the ticket in the tracker by adding this text:

> Also consider that "sips:host;transport=tcp" is equivalent to
> "sips:host", as in the abscense of a ;transport param, SIPS schema
> means TLS transport and port 5061.

That's basically what the ticket does, see the ticket title.

 Benny