Backgrounding issues in PJSIP under iOS5

I think there may be an issue with the creation of the backgrounding socket in the current SVN trunk and previous builds. I've reviewed the document on the wiki in regards to issues with backgrounding sockets on iOS devices and I think the existing flag code

#if defined(PJ_DARWINOS) && PJ_DARWINOS!=0
#    include "TargetConditionals.h"
#    if TARGET_OS_IPHONE
# include "Availability.h"
/* Use CFHost API for pj_getaddrinfo() (see ticket #1246) */
# define PJ_GETADDRINFO_USE_CFHOST 1
/* Disable local host resolution in pj_gethostip() (see ticket #1342) */
# define PJ_GETHOSTIP_DISABLE_LOCAL_RESOLUTION 1
#     ifdef __IPHONE_4_0
     /* Is multitasking support available?  (see ticket #1107) */
#    define PJ_IPHONE_OS_HAS_MULTITASKING_SUPPORT 1
   /* Enable activesock TCP background mode support */
#    define PJ_ACTIVESOCK_TCP_IPHONE_OS_BG 1
# endif
#    endif
#endif

Doesn't define for iOS4+ currently. I may be completely wrong but the code that will compile and create a socket under iOS4 and will work in the background is not fired if compiling with the iOS5 SDK and thus backgrounding sockets aren't working. I've the UIBackgroundModes setup, I'm using a TCP transport but the logging does not display 'tcp transport configured for voip' under iOS5.

You could equally do the define as #IFDEF __IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED 40000 and that should work for iOS5 if you set the min variable in your user.mak or your config_site.h

It's either that or that CFReadStreamRef for backgrounding has changed under iOS5. I know the watchdog is now a lot less lenient on background processes under iOS5 but will continue to test and work with this codebase and if I have any luck I'll submit a patch.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Dan Nolan