Problem with long SIP messages

Hi everyone,

I have problems with SIP messages that have become too large. When that happens, the server tries to set up a TCP connection instead, but the pjsua client doesn't ACK the TCP SYN. A TCP reset is sent instead. The server then tries to use fragmented UDP messages, but the client doesn't respond at all to those. I found this in the mailing list:

http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2009-January/006158.html

"No we don't do automatic switching to TCP. Personally I feel that the RFC is
a bit too naive in this regard, ignoring scenarios such as NAT where you
can't just send response with TCP back to the client and expect it to just
work. So my take on this is if you think message size is going to cause
problem with UDP, then you should use TCP from the start."

The mail is from January 2009. Is this still the case? I am using version 1.8.10, would upgrading to the latest greatest version to me any good, or is it still unsupported?

About fragmented UDP messages, is that also unsupported?

Best regards,
Kalle