Daylight savings time

On 111108 2330, Benny Prijono wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Kirill Katsnelson<kkm at smartaction.com>wrote:
>
>> We are running a farm of AI agents using pjsip 1.10 (Win32 32-bit) to
>> communicate with our asterisk servers. On November 6 at 02:00, when we had
>> the DST end, agents stopped registering on servers, and timed out.
> This is a known problem I'm afraid, https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/677,
> unfortunately we still haven't managed to fix it yet.

Benny,

I agree that that is a general problem with the due-time scheduling
strategy for timers. But in this case there was no change in system
time; it is the local daylight saving time that changed. Win32
implementation uses the time function based on local time while *nix
abstraction uses UTC time functions (gettimeofday() or ftime()). In this
case UTC time is not affected, so these implementation would not break,
but the Win32 one did.

So while the general problem indeed exists, Win32 implementation can be
made at least not more problematic that that on *nix.

I applied the attached patch to the source. Please consider it as an
interim fix.

Thanks,

  -kkm