Cal not being accepted after an endpoint crashes

Hi,

I have scenario where i am not able to realize if its an issue with the
pjsip or the sip server.
>From one of the application developed using pjsip i make a call to another
endpoint and leave it like that for say 3 days.

after that when i come and try to diconnect the call, there is a bye packet
going out bu the call is still stale and when i try calling the same
extension again the application crashes.

Please help me understand the issue and the possible solutions for
eliminating the same.

Thanks,
Ravi