What is the best GUI platform to make a softphone

This is off topic for this group but on windows I use win32 API. On mac, iOS etc I use Cocoa and for Linux I use wx for GUI development. I find that even though I am doing 4x the work I like the minimal dependancies and smallest footprint while obtaining the best performance. Because you are entry level to this you should try wxWidgets because you didn't specify your primary target platform. Cheers