cancel processing

Hi!

We've got a question about CANCEL processing, the following scenario
is written in RFC 3261.

"When a UAC wishes to terminate a call before it has been answered, it
sends CANCEL.  If the original INVITE still returns a 2xx, the UAC
then sends BYE.
BYE can only be sent on an existing call leg (now called a dialog in this RFC)."

Being in the same situation we are experiencing that PJSIP stack does
not genarate BYE message upon receiving a 200 OK for the original
INVITE.
We are using pjsua.call_hangup method to destroy the session.

Is this behaviour intentional, is it up to the client-programmer or is
it a missing feature?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Peter Darvasi