DNS Lookup issue with pjsua_create()

I've been having a problem with a device running my iPhone app locking up. I've traced it back to line 657 of pjsua_core.c.

The function is:

   status = pjsip_endpt_create(&pjsua_var.cp.factory,
				pj_gethostname()->ptr,
				&pjsua_var.endpt);

basically, the pj_gethostname() call is calling gethostname which is blocking the app for a significant length of time. Is there a reason this is used there or can the string be set to something else?

Because pjsua_create() has to be called from the main thread it is making the UI of the application unresponsive until it times out, in my app every other call to pjsua is performed on a background thread, so this is not an issue for the Main thread (and thus the UI).

Regards,
--
Tony Million