pjsip audio device on ARM

Hi, I am trying to use pjsip on a  AT91SAM9260-EK

I run a openembedded angstrom linux, console image.. with kernel 2.6.30.

My ARM cross compiler is working 100%.
I can compile pjsip 1.8.10 and run all the apps on the ARM system.

ALSA works fine  ( apps like alsamixer etc usable as normal) I have tested
sound in multitude of other apps, and it works fine..

The only problem is that pjsip does not find my Default audio device, as
stated in the error below:

pjsua_media.c  Error opening sound device: Unable to find default audio
device (PJMEDIA_EAUD_NODEFDEV) [status=420006]
Error
Sorry we encounter error when initializing the tone generator: Unable to
find default audio device (PJMEDIA_EAUD_NODEFDEV)

I get the same error when using pjsua,making calls, pjsystest or other apps.

When looking at device list in pjsystest, I get the following, showing that
devices are present and actually found.

Audio Device List
Found 3 devices
  0: PA [AT91SAM9260-EK external DAC: at73c213 (hw:0,0)] (0/2)
  1: PA [default] (0/2)
  2: PA [/dev/dsp] (0/16)

1:OK

Also when the app start, it shows that port audio is finding the devices..

 14:46:50.764       pa_dev.c  PortAudio sound library initialized, status=0
 14:46:50.764       pa_dev.c  PortAudio host api count=2
 14:46:50.764       pa_dev.c  Sound device count=3

.

Also tried to set default device differently in asound.conf... it stays the
same, or just doesn't find the devices anymore..

I have also tried compiling pjsip differently by forcing ALSA driver in my
config.site file.. It adds Another ALSA device, but makes no difference.

// Enable the ALSA driver
#define PJMEDIA_AUDIO_DEV_HAS_ALSA  1

there is also no difference to devices if I enable port audio.

#define PJMEDIA_AUDIO_DEV_HAS_
PORTAUDIO  1..

Why is it that ALSA drivers etc works fine, but pjsip cannot use it?

(compiled on my x86 ubuntu machine,  pjsip and audio works fine)

I will appreciate any help someone can give me..

Gideon Spreeth