ALSA soundcard sharing with 1.x branch seems broken

Greetings,

> I still cannot resolve issue by myself.

> 1.x version refuses to share soundcard with other applications, while 1.0.x works just fine!

> It does not depend on using PortAudio or Direct ALSA in 1.x! If pjsua 1.8 runs first than it
> grabs sound device and an application which starts after can not
> play. If the other application runs before pjsua -
> pjsua cannot play.

> Which does NOT happen with pjsua 1.0.3 in same conditions with same alsa and other applications...

> sound card is HDA_intel which DOES support hardware mixing and
> should work out of the box with no
> need for "dmix" software mixing handlers or anything like that...

> If anyone has ideas how to fight this i would be really appreciated!

This is known, not resolved issue. The only solution I saw was to make
virtual alsa devices:

http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2010-April/010720.html

We couldn't make it work, so we finaly gave up using Pulseaudio. It
seems to be the only working solution for now...

Greetings,
Stanley